Saturday 30 June 2007

Someone Else I Know

The virtuosity of patience loses ground to the forces which hold it in contempt with every passing minute. The pride in this man will not see fit to remain in check. As you wallow in your self pity my pride paces the cage, tongue bitten,eyes trained, studying, waiting.
The time has come and passed for you to step up. When I think about you I resolve that you do not stand as a man. The civility of men protects all, that by our nature, we seek to destroy. Your chosen course of action will lead my civility to unlock the cage and unleash the animal of my pride. The uneven instep of my boot will search for steady footing on the back of your neck.
On what you hold close, keep a watchful eye. Prepare your walls for defense. The guards of my cage door grow weary of their responsibility with each passing day. They hear the whispering siren song of my dignity and soon they will fall powerless, unable to remain idly by holding back the fury of my pride.

Biding my time,
42

No comments: